Studio Theatre Festival '18
The Studio Theatre Festival is a three-day long festival with three handpicked, unique plays performing at the Bewajah Café Studio Theatre. All the plays will compete to win the hearts of the audience and the jury and present us some amazing performances back to back for three days.
Anyone can join
If you are a theatre artist or even remotely interested in theatre, then select a script, take up a team (or go solo) and design a play in accordance with the space and built of the Studio Theatre. Three final entries will be selected to perform at the festival on one of the dates, between 7th, 8th or 9th September. The best performance, which will have the most points from the audience and our special jury, will win the rewards in three categories:
It's very simple.
We have set a registration fees of ₹365 with the concept of (₹1/day) to maintain the functionality of the Studio Theatre.
Just fill the form below and provide us your details. Then, send the complete script of the play to firstname.lastname@example.org
Someone will get in touch with you after we have received your details regarding the method of payment.
For details and enquiries, contact:
1st July to 27th JulyForm Screening
27th to 29th JulyAudition
1st AugustPlays Announced
7th to 9th SeptemberFestival
Entries Open For
Terms and Conditions:
1. Director of the play must be 18 or above. no age restrictions for the rest of the team.
2. Play must be designed for the Studio Theatre at Bewajah Cafe, keeping in mind the size of the performance area. No alterations to the theatre hall (seating and design) are allowed.
3. The duration of the play must be 30 to 60 minutes.
4. Participants will have to manage all the set, costume and property requirements.
5. Apart from the design and setup of the Studio Theatre, no extra technical resources (such as lights and sound system) will be provided. The participants will have to manage these resources on their own.
6. Only one entry will be permitted for one director.
7. One actor can only perform in one play.